Thursday, September 8, 2011

Macro, Micro, Meta, Me.

I am trying to live by my creed. At this point, it takes a whole bunch of energy to do that on a macro level. In this gorgeous day-to-day, I am learning about the value of the micro level of things. There is a balance inherent in all viable life. There are simple laws of energy and matter. Many of the bigger things that take up a lot of societal space seem to be hell bent on being sure that we stay broke(n).  It is challenging and gorgeous to explore it all.

There are rules on an atomic level. Atoms, the base of it all, the parts that make up the whole of every living thing, have a system. First, on a pure, basic, elemental level, there are always equal amounts present of both parts that carry a charge. One is positive and one is negative. When that balance is skewed, the element ALWAYS changes and turns into something different. That alone is fantastic. I am aware this is elementary chemistry. It is still fundamentally amazing when applied.

All viable elements need to maintain a certain amount of electrons revolving at a certain orbital around a nucleus to achieve individual balance. They all try to achieve a balanced level of negative charge in the outermost shell. If they do not have that, they seek out bonds that then create molecules, ions, isotopes etc. Basically they seek out what they need to move them forward to the next step of life.  Sometimes this happens by sharing electrons with another element, as is found in water. Sometimes this happens by an element with a  "stronger" negative charge taking electrons from the "weaker" outermost shell of another element, as is found in salt. This speaks to me. Either way there is interaction. It is either mutually shared or there is a charge that creates an unbreakable attraction.Water or salt. Both are viable and necessary. It is all energy. I, personally, prefer water.

For me. the beauty of being at a human stage of carbon based bio matter is that, to a certain degree, I can choose. The more I learn and love and stay open, the better my choices are. My meditation for today is that as a broader society we get back to the basics that matter, the laws of energy and nature, the laws of our place in it all. In my opinion, that is the only place that tracing anything backward will move us forward. Tracing the opinions of "forefathers", no matter how brilliant, will lead us only to pontificate from a place of self-righteousness.

That is the place that I can not identify with in the macro right now. It seems everyone needs to be right. Everyone needs to win. There is little in the public discourse that is about listening and learning and then applying actual factual knowledge and circumspection. It is all necessary. It is about balance. When balance is not achieved, the basics of life break down.

I feel this so much right now. I will still love my way through it. That is the undefinable spirit matter that, for me, is purely personal and can never be defined. The parts that are based in spirit and wonder, and the parts that are based in a science, logic and fact are not mutually exclusive in me. They do not compete with each other. They are inexorably intertwined.

I am glad to be a carbon based life form that can write again.  It feels good on all levels.

4 comments:

Melody said...

Heather, you are one of my favorite carbon based life form. I love the way you " ... will still love my way through it." Is there a better way? Your daughters are very lucky to have you for their mom.

I enjoyed your thoughtful and intelligent post. Thank you for sharing your insights. Hope there will be many more!

Heather Kilgore said...

Awww Shucks, Mom (my heart could not hold you as anything but that). Thank you for all that you have taught me and for welcoming me in to the world of your making. I could not have asked for anything more! And, as always, thanks for your son. XO

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

Hey Heather, this is great you have begun to blog. It is such a great experience, therapeutic and a wonderful place to share and equally empty oneself of inner turmoils. I am thrilled you have decided to write. Cheers!

Theresa

Heather Kilgore said...

Thanks, Theresa! It may become something , or not. But it feels good to write. And the positive feedback and energy is icing on the cake (to use your terminology.) No doubt the therapeutic effects have already taken hold. Thanks for the comment!

Be well, love.
Heather