Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I am only who I am

I am a mother.
I am a daughter.
I am a partner.
I am madly in love.
I am imperfect in all of these things.
I am still, and will always be, part of a beautiful family.

I am a friend.
I am here.
I am doing my best.
I believe in love.
I am doing all I can to withstand the judgments.

I am listening to the people that love me.
I am listening to myself.
I am believing those are one and the same.
I am closing out the things that make me feel small.
I am actively honoring the places that are full of love.
I am forgiving myself and others.

I believe in myself.
I believe in the name that was given me,
the family that I came from,
the beauty they have taught me,
The root of it all.

I believe in the name beyond the one that was given me,
The one that I earned and still carry.
I believe in the history of strength that it holds.
I believe in its past and its future.
I believe in its fiction and its fact.
I carry my name proudly.
I especially believe in my daughters.

I am me.
I am worthy.
I am full of love.
I am Heather.
I am happily here.

3 comments:

Melody said...

I am so glad. I wonder if you know how much of you your words reveal. It's all right, it's all good, but that's one of the reasons I like to read what people have written, because you can tell so much about a person that way. Your words and your heart are beautiful, and I'm glad, too, that you're expressing what you feel. It's such a freeing experience. And it just gets better! Enjoy!

Mona said...

Very nice piece of writing. Comes from your heart. Keep writing. Good luck.

Heather Kilgore said...

Thanks for your encouragement, Mona. It means a lot. My best to you!